It’s been a whirlwind week of updates in a sporting world that is normally quiet in late June. The Stanley Cup Final concluded on Monday night. The Blackhawks’ Game 6 win against the Bruins was about the only normal thing to occur.
- The hammer dropped on former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez in the form of murder charges. A former Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker, Ausar Walcott, was also charged with attempted murder.
- The early-Wimbledon trash-talking and chirping devolved into a week of upsets.
- Doc Rivers orchestrated his departure from the Celtics to travel West to the Clippers. He would then have a curious exchange with ESPN commentator Bill Simmons during the NBA Draft regarding the circumstances of his departure.
- The Celtics then traded future Hall of Famers Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce “Suite Life On Deck.”
– Start a “Kickstarter” project to raise funds for Howard’s pet music or film project. You can rope in some Lakers legends to contribute by leaving voicemail messages.
– Promise him a reality show. Scratch that.
– Line up the myriad superstars always seen at Staples Center and build out a “We Are The World”-like event. Flea, Anthony Kiedis (in the news earlier this week, Snoop and maybe Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly can get something together. If nothing else … I smell GRAMMY!!!
C’mon, Lakers fans. You have less than 72 hours to work some magic.